Sunday, April 12, 2020

AL Object Designer in Visual Studio Code for Business Central

Hi Readers,

When it comes to a Business Central Environment in VS Code, moving towards a new language is one thing but figuring out which Object to use and sometimes we do not remember the Object IDs or names, it becomes difficult for a Developer to attempt to the new environment. The On-Premise version of Business Central is not in use anymore and we have to depend on the Workspace.

What do we do if I want to use an object but I cannot remember the Object ID or names? Well... I guess I'll have to try a few!

Luckily, No! Hence I thought of writing a small Blog of about it. It is handy and convenient!



VS Code has an Extension named 'AL Object Designer'

Go to VS Code Extensions and write 'AL Object Designer' and Install this Extension




Launch the extension (Ctrl+Shift+P) And.. you are good to go!



Note: Your BC Workspace should be setup properly inclusive of  downloaded Symbols 

How cool is that! :)

Use it and let me know what do you think about this? Write your experience and thoughts in the comment section below. You can also suggest what should I write about next!


Write to me at jyotsnaoberainav@gmail.com

Please visit my website (JONAV) if you are looking for NAV/D365BC Services.

See you until next time, Thank you!




No comments:

Post a Comment